Re: Reducing toil in resource quota bumping

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 8:18 AM Andrew Feller <afeller bandwidth com> wrote:
Has anyone found an effective way to minimize toil between developers and system administrators regarding project resource quotas without resorting to letting people do whatever they want unrestrained?

There are only 2 ideas I can see to address this issue:
  1. Removing self-provisioning access, provisioning a single project per developer, and giving them admin access to it.

You can limit the number of self-provisioned projects they can have
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.10/admin_guide/managing_projects.html#limit-projects-per-user

  1. Create ClusterResourceQuota per developer restricting total resources allowed
I don't know how ClusterResourceQuota handle a system administrator increasing a project's quotas for a user who is already met their total.

If either a cluster resource quota or a resource quota has been exceeded, then you you've exceeded quota for that resource and can't make more.

Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated!
--

BandwidthMaroon.png

Andy Feller    Sr DevOps Engineer

900 Main Campus Drive, Suite 500, Raleigh, NC 27606

e: afeller bandwidth com