Re: Restricting access to some Routes

Hi Peter,

We have the same case in one of our OpenShift deployments. We decided to experiment with router sharding.

https://blog.openshift.com/openshift-router-sharding-for-production-and-development-traffic/

On 8/30/18 3:07 PM, David Conde wrote:

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 1:54 PM Peter Heitman <peter heitman us> wrote:
In my deployment there are 5 routes - two of them are from OpenShift (docker-registry and registry-console) and three of them are specific to my application. Of the 5, 4 of them are administrative and shouldn't be accessed by just anyone on the Internet. One of my application's route is required to be accessed by 'anyone' on the Internet.

My question is, what is the best practice to achieve this restriction? Is there a way to set IP address or subnet restrictions on a route? Do I need to set up separate nodes and separate routers so that I can use a firewall to restrict access to the 4 routes and allow access to the Internet service? Any suggestions?

Peter