Re: How to create an app in OpenShift with existing local docker image

If you can't put the image up on a image registry where OpenShift can pull it from, you need to push it to the internal image registry of OpenShift. This creates an image stream in your project, you can then deploy it, or use it as an image for docker builds or source builds.

For uploading the image to the internal image registry, see:

https://cookbook.openshift.org/image-registry-and-image-streams/how-do-i-push-an-image-to-the-internal-image-registry.html

For more information on deploying on OpenShift, suggest you read the free eBook at:

https://www.openshift.com/deploying-to-openshift/

Graham