Re: Passing a binary to a jenkins pipeline build

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:03 PM, Patrick Hemmer <openshift stormcloud9 net> wrote:
Is there any way to pass a binary to a jenkins pipeline build, and subsequently access in the groovy code?
Basically I want to be able to track the status of the build and release process (hence the pipeline), but the pipeline kicks off a build which needs the binary input that was provided when the pipeline was started.

I think you'll need to find a way to let the pipeline pull the binary down from somewhere.  (e.g. store it in an s3 bucket and pass the bucket name to the pipeline)

The only solution I can see is to kick off that binary build directly, and have it then trigger the pipeline (via image change) to finish the rest of the process. But this is not ideal as you don't get the coherent view the pipeline offers, and it's harder to correlate which binary build corresponds to which pipeline build.

-Patrick