Re: Trying to import Tomcat container

How are you providing configuration to the container?  Note that when openshift creates an app from an image it adds emptyDir volumes to the created app.  That means the directories end up empty instead of having the default image content.

Check whether /opt/apache-tomcat-8.5.14/conf/ is a volume in the image, and if so, you can remove the volume from the app definition (the deployment config)