Re: OpenShift 3.6 on AWS creating EBS volumes in wrong region

Correction in last sentence:

" hence it will pick NOT zone in which Openshift cluster did not exist."

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 6:36 AM, Hemant Kumar <hekumar redhat com> wrote:
Let me clarify - I did not say that you have to "label" nodes and masters.

I was suggesting to tag nodes and masters, the way you tag a cloud resource via AWS console or AWS CLI. I meant - AWS tag not openshift labels.

The reason you have volumes created in another zone is because - your AWS account has nodes in more than one zone, possibly not part of Openshift cluster. But when you are requesting a dynamic provisioned volume - Openshift considers all nodes it can find and accordingly it "randomly" selects a zone among zone it discovered.

But if you were to use AWS Console or CLI to tag all nodes(including master) in your cluster with "KubernetesCluster" : "cluster_id"  then it will only select tagged nodes and hence it will pick zone in which Openshift cluster did not exist.