Re: Issues with logging and metrics on Origin 3.7

I think the issue you're seeing stems from the fact that the logging and metrics playbooks to not create their own PVs. That is handled by the cluster install playbook.
The logging and metrics playbooks only create the PVCs that their objects may require (unless ephemeral storage is configured).

I admit, the naming of the variables makes that confusing however it is described in our docs umbrella'd under the advanced install section which uses the cluster playbook...
https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.7/install_config/install/advanced_install.html#advanced-install-cluster-metrics