Passthrough TLS route not working

I'm running origin 3.7 on AWS.  I have an AWS load balancer in front of my infrastructure node.  I have a pod listening on TLS on port 9090.  The service links to the pod and then I have a route that is setup with passthrough tls to the pod, but every time i try to access it I get the "Application is not availble" screen even though looking in the console the service references both the router and the pod.  I have deployments that do the same thing but will only work with re-encrypt.  Am I missing something?  Is there an issue using the AWS load balancer with passthrough?

Thanks