Re: Heptio Contour

Hi.

------ Originalnachricht ------
Von: "Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru)" <skotaru cisco com>
An: "users" <users lists openshift redhat com>
Gesendet: 19.01.2018 19:36:18
Betreff: Heptio Contour

How it is different than Openshift router and what extra benefits it brings? Anyone educate me to understand differences or possible use cases where it fit into eco system? Or replacing ingress controller or will it solve ingress controller 244 address limitations?

https://blog.heptio.com/announcing-contour-0-3-37f4aa7bc6f7
As far as I have understood this tool it's *just* a smaller part from the envoy proxy. But this doc describes it better https://github.com/heptio/contour/blob/v0.2.1/docs/about.md

You can see it like the the openshift router part imho.

You can also take a look for the haproxy as ingress controller as described in this link.

https://www.haproxy.com/blog/haproxy_ingress_controller_for_kubernetes/

I have also created a openshift router with haproxy 1.8 which supports h2 for the clients and lua script. Just in case you want to take a look into the h2 features of haproxy and therefore of openshift.

https://hub.docker.com/r/me2digital/openshift-ocp-router-hap18/

--

Srinivas Kotaru

Best Regards