Re: Build pod already exists

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Lionel Orellana <lionelve gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm seeing an random error when running builds. Some builds fail very quickly with "build pod already exists". This is happening with a number of build configs and seems to occur when more than one build from different build configs are running at the same time.

This can happen if you "reset" the build sequence number in your buildconfig (buildconfig.status.latestversion).  Are you recreating buildconfigs that may have previously existed and run builds, or editing the buildconfig in a way that might be reseting the lastversion field to an older value?

Are you able to confirm whether or not a pod does exist for that build?  The build pod name will be in the form like "buildconfigname-buildnumber-build"

If you're able to recreate this consistently(assuming you're sure it's not a case of you having recreated an old buildconfig or reset the buildconfig lastversion sequence value), enabling level 4 logging in your master and reproducing it and then providing us with the logs would be helpful to trace what is happening.

There is a possibly related error in one of the nodes:

Jan 28 07:26:39  atomic-openshift-node[10121]: W0128 07:26:39.735522   10848 docker_sandbox.go:266] NetworkPlugin cni failed on the stat
us hook for pod "nodejs-26-build_bimorl": Unexpected command output nsenter: cannot open : No such file or directory
Jan 28 07:26:39 atomic-openshift-node[10121]: with error: exit status 1

This shouldn't be related to issues with pod creation (since this error wouldn't occur until after the pod is created and attempting to run on a node), but it's definitely something you'll want to sort out.  I've CCed our networking lead into this thread.

-bash-4.2$ oc version
oc v3.6.0+c4dd4cf
kubernetes v1.6.1+5115d708d7

Any ideas?