Re: Escaping OpenShift template parameter for literal string

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Andrew Feller <afeller bandwidth com> wrote:
I see there is a way to escape environment variable references, however I wanted to see if there was a way to escape OpenShift template parameter references as I wanted to pass Jenkins environment variable references to BuildConfig SCM attributes to be evaluated later in a way that someone couldn't break them by declaring an OpenShift template parameter of the same name.  Looking at the oc process logic, it doesn't appear this is supported but thought would ask.

no i'm afraid not.  You could forestall such problems by defining a parameter with a default value that is the env reference, though.

Thanks!

--

BandwidthMaroon.png

Andy Feller    Sr DevOps Engineer

900 Main Campus Drive, Suite 500, Raleigh, NC 27606

e: afeller bandwidth com