Re: scheduler policy to spread pods

Here’s an OpenShift reference for the same thing.

https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.6/admin_guide/scheduling/pod_affinity.html
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 9:14 pm, Joel Pearson <japearson agiledigital com au> wrote:
You’re probably after pod anti-affinity? https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/assign-pod-node/#affinity-and-anti-affinity

That lets you tell the scheduler that the pods aren’t allowed to be on the same node for example.
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 8:51 pm, Tim Dudgeon <tdudgeon ml gmail com> wrote:
I've got a process the fires up a number of pods (bare pods, not backed
by replication controller) to execute a computationally demanding job in
parallel.
What I find is that the pods do not spread effectively across the
available nodes. In my case I have a node selector that restricts
execution to 3 nodes, and the pods run mostly on the first node, a few
run on the second node, and none run on the third node.

I know that I could specify cpu resource requests and limits to help
with this, but for other reasons I'm currently unable to do this.

It looks like this is controllable through the scheduler, but the
options for controlling this look pretty complex.
Could someone advise on how best to allow pods to spread evenly across
nodes rather than execute preferentially on one node?