Autoscaling groups

I'm in the process of upgrading an origin cluster running on AWS from 3.7 to 3.9 using openshift ansible. I'd like the new instances to be registered in autoscaling groups.

I have seen that if I create a new origin 3.9 cluster using the AWS playbooks this happens as part of the install, how would I go about ensuring this happens as part of the upgrade from 3.7 to 3.9?

Thanks,
Dave