boto import command not found

I have a script that is running fine locally on my MAC , to run this script on my MAC i just have to run the command "python run" ( run the the name of my file ) and it will run fine

I have created a git hub repo at  github.com/brikeyes/os-sample-python.git and placed this working python file in the required path in github  (os-sample-python/.s2i/bin)

when I run this in openshift I get this error

"/tmp/scripts/run: line 1: import: command not found "

I get this also if I run it locally and do not include the word python in the command like ./run , so I need to let it know how to run the script by inserting the word " phython " right before it executes .s2i/bin/run

I know I have python installed as it is in the requrements.txt file in git hub ,

thanks !