Antwort: PV based on NFS does not survive reboot

It seems my understanding of persistent-volumes and the corresponding claim was wrong. I've expected that a PV can have multiple PVS associated to it as long as there is enough storage.
But it seems it is a 1-to-1 relation and my PV was not reclaimed after I deleted the first PVC. The reboot obviously had nothing to do with this.

I am going to test this later today.

Von:        marc schlegel sdv-it de
An:        users lists openshift redhat com
Datum:        05.11.2018 08:58
Betreff:        PV based on NFS does not survive reboot
Gesendet von:        users-bounces lists openshift redhat com

I am running a test setup including a dedicated node providing a NFS share, which is not part of the Openshift installation.
After the installation I ran all the steps provided by the documentation [1] and I was able to add a persistent-volume-claim to my projekt which was bound to the NFS-PV.

However, after rebooting my cluster I can no longer add PVCs. They fail with the message that no persistent-volume is available. Running the oc command to add the NFS-PV again fails with a message that it already exists.

I checked my nfs-node and the nfs-service is running. Since I did not install any nfs-utils on the Openshift nodes I assume that the client service might not be enabled there, hence the PV is not available. I would assume that this is handled by the ansible-installer.

Any ideas what could cause this behavior?

[1]
https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.0/admin_guide/persistent_storage_nfs.html

regards

Marc