OpenShift Origin on AWS

I've created a CloudFormation Stack for simple lab-test deployments of OpenShift Origin on AWS. Now I'd like to understand what would be best for production deployments of OpenShift Origin on AWS. In particular I'd like to create the corresponding CloudFormation Stack.

I've seen the Install Guide page on Configuring for AWS and I've looked through the RedHat QuickStart Guide for OpenShift Enterprise but am still missing information. For example, the RedHat QuickStart Guide creates 3 masters, 3 etcd servers and some number of compute nodes. Where are the routers (infra nodes) located? On the masters or on the etcd servers? How are the ELBs configured to work with those deployed routers? What if some of the traffic you are routing is not http/https? What is required to support that?

I've seen the simple CloudFormation stack (https://sysdig.com/blog/deploy-openshift-aws/) but haven't found anything comparable for something that is closer to production ready (and likely takes advantage of using the AWS VPC QuickStart (https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/vpc/).

Does anyone have any prior work that they could share or point me to?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Heitman