Re: OKD 3.10 keeps switching between the certificates

I suggest you open a github issue too.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 10:05 AM Gaurav Ojha <gauravojha gmail com> wrote:
Basically facing two different issues.
  1. OpenShift Origin 3.10 keeps switching between the custom named certificate deployed and the internal certificate being used. The web console randomly reports Server Connection Interrupted, and then switches to the internal certificate, but a fresh loading of the page serves the custom certificate.
  2. Even though the publicMasterURL is configured, the browser still redirects to the masterURL
oc v3.10.0+0c4577e-1
kubernetes v1.10.0+b81c8f8
features: Basic-Auth GSSAPI Kerberos SPNEGO

Server https://lb.okd.cloud.rnoc.gatech.edu:8443
openshift v3.10.0+fd501dd-48
kubernetes v1.10.0+b81c8f8
Steps To Reproduce
  1. Configure a publicMasterURL and a masterURL. In my case they are publicMasterURL=okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com and masterURL=lb.cloud.mydomain.com. Note that here lb refers to the load balancer of my multi-master cluster.
  2. Deploy the certificates generated when installing through ansible. This works fine, I can see in my master-config.yml the correct values. The value for publicMasterURL points to okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com:8443 and masterURL to lb.cloud.mydomain.com:8443. In the servingInfo, the correct certificates are pointed to. The generated certificate has a common name of lb.cloud.mydomain.com and an alternative name of okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com.
  3. Access the web console. The certificate served is valid.

Here, okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com is a CNAME to lb.cloud.mydomain.com

Current Result
  1. Even though I enter okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com:8443, the browser redirects to lb.cloud.mydomain.com:8443. I have checked and nowhere does the publicMasterURL points to lb.cloud.mydomain.com
  2. When logged in, the console randomly throws an error saying Server Connection Interrupted, and at times, refreshes and now reverts to the internal certificate and serves it. This goes away if I close the browser and reload the page. The correct certificate is again served, but again randomly reverts to the internal certificate.
My expectation is that once deployed, accessing okd-cluster.cloud.mydomain.com should always use that address, and the certificate should be served correctly always.

Is it because comman name is same as the masterURL and the alternative name holds the same value as the publicMasterURL ? I am not sure if this is the case, but it would be great to get some retrospective on this problem I am seeing.

Regards

Gaurav