Re: Enabling TLS on Jenkins deployed on OpenShift

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 5:24 PM, Gaurav Ojha <gauravojha gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

So I deployed Jenkins on OpenShift via the catalog, and installed the Email plugin to send out emails via my smtp server. I have all the details correct, but it seems my server expects only SMTPS. I found this link here, which mentions the exact error I am seeing

So it seems that if I can enable TLS, I can solve this problem. But I can’t think of a suitable way to enable this setting (apart from probably mounting the exact Jenkins config in /etc/default/jenkins). Also, I am unable to modify the file with the terminal disallowing access.

Has anyone enabled TLS in past who could give me pointers to look at? Or if it would be better to just use a docker image instead of the catalog for this purpose.

Based on my reading of that link, you need to set "-Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true" as an arg to jenkins.  Assuming that's true, you can do that by setting/adding an env var on your jenkins deploymentconfig:

"JENKINS_JAVA_OVERRIDES=-Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true"

Regards