Re: okd 3.11: recommended procedure to create admin account?

Hi Ricardo,

On 3/30/19 11:18 AM, Ricardo Martinelli de Oliveira wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no way to set cluster-admin cluster role to a specific user through ansible playbooks. You will need to do so manually.

Also, I'm wondering why you manually create a clusterrolebinding object instead of using "oc adm policy add-cluster-role-to-user" command.

Thats easy to answer: Because the add-cluster-role-to-user to setup
a dedicated admin account with a working password is very hard to
find in the documentation.

The easiest and safer way do add a cluster role to a specific user is using oc command, so I recommend you to always use oc to assign roles to your user instead of manually creating the clusterrolebinding objects.

Good to know

Regards
Harri