Re: Migration from 3.10 to 3.11

Hi,

Deploying or upgrading to 3.11, I'ld go with ansible 2.6.
Currently, the ansible package provided by RedHat is some 2.6.16-1. Personally, I'm still using 2.6.5, from PIP. I'm not sure 2.7 is actually supported.

To upgrade an existing installation, one would usually:
- update your inventory accordingly (remove deprecated variables, add what you'ld need, ...)

Sometimes, upgrading could have difficulties detecting either current or target versions, don't hesitate setting them yourself:

openshift_image_tag: v3.11
openshift_pkg_version: -3.11.0
openshift_release: v3.11
openshift_upgrade_min: 3.11
openshift_version: "3.11"

Once your variables are ready, you should be able to apply the upgrade_control_plane and upgrade_nodes playbooks:

ansible-playbook -i </path/to/inventory/file> ./playbooks/byo/openshift-cluster/upgrades/v3_11/upgrade_control_plane.yml
ansible-playbook -i </path/to/inventory/file> ./playbooks/byo/openshift-cluster/upgrades/v3_11/upgrade_nodes.yml

Now, regarding your error, it sounds like ansible isn't able to properly detect the version of openshift currently deployed.
That version should be extracted via roles/lib_utils/library/get_current_openshift_version.py, around line 74, grepping for an IMAGE_VERSION= in /etc/sysconfig/origin-node

Note that upgrading, you shouldn't have to apply the prerequisites playbook. Yet it should work.
If you can't get it to work, then try forcing IMAGE_VERSION=v3.10 in /etc/sysconfig/origin-node. Let us know how that goes.

Regards.