Build RHEL images using BuildConfig on OKD

I'm trying to automate my build of our rhel images on our OKD instance.  When I try to run my build I get:

failed to pull image: open /etc/docker/certs.d/registry.access.redhat.com/redhat-ca.crt: no such file or directory

i can pull images from docker on mac without issue from registry.access.redhat.com, how come I can't from inside of a BuildConfig?  I have a valid login for registry.access.redhat.com.

Thanks
Marc