Re: HPA not getting metrics

Dan,

On 01.07.2019 17:43, Punga Dan wrote:

Ran through similar issue/confusion. Apparently the openshift-metrics  > ansible install which generates the openshift-infra project isn't't >
enough for the HPA to work. >
https://docs.okd.io/3.11/dev_guide/pod_autoscaling.html#req-for-using-hpas>
So you actually need to install the metrics-server for kubernetes which
> generates a new project called openshift-metrics-server inside your
cluster.

Just to make sure that I have got you right: the installation notes on
	https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.11/install_config/cluster_metrics.html
and
	https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.11/dev_guide/pod_autoscaling.html
both say that openshift-metrics/config.yml is the playbook to run. If I
understand you correctly then that is not true and I need to install
something else.

Is that so because I used oc commands that are not meant for Openshift
3.11 or are the installation notes simply wrong?

Anyway, I would like to try what you recommended. How would I install
the metrics server for Kubernetes into m OpenShift cluster?

Kind regards,
Robert