Re: HPA not getting metrics

Dan,

On 01.07.2019 19:30, Punga Dan wrote:

First thing I'd note is that we should use the OKD documentation. I
guess that in most parts this is quite similar with the OCP version, but
just to be on the safe side.

Yes, you are right.

With the command documented on the Pod Autoscaling page. Both the OKD
and OCP doc(which you've linked) states the same thing:
ansible-playbook \
/usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible/playbooks/*metrics-server*/config.yml \
*-e openshift_metrics_server_install=true*

Thank you for pointing this out. I used openshift-metrics/config.yml and
openshift_metrics_install_metrics=true before, which is clearly wrong
according to the Pod Autoscaling page.

I uninstalled that and ran the playbook as you suggested.

Now the Web console tells me "Metrics might not be configured by your
cluster administrator. Metrics are required for autoscaling."

This is probably not completely right, because:

# oc get hpa
NAME   REFERENCE                 TARGETS  MINPODS MAXPODS REPLICAS AGE
$MYAPP DeploymentConfig/$MYAPP   0%/75%   1       5       1         4m

The "0%" tells me that somewhere the HPA gets actual metrics.

I will investigate further tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Robert