OpenShift OKD 3.11: Cluster Monitoring Operator

Hello everyone

I wanted to ask if anyone of you knows why openshift-ansible (for OKD 3.11) role for the Cluster Monitoring Operator still uses a very old image [1] from the coreos Repo on quay.io?

Has anyone of you switched to the 3.11 tag of the openshift/origin-cluster-monitoring-operator quay.io repo manually, for example? [2]

I’ve filed an issue[3] on GitHub, but I’m not sure whether the openshift repo is obsoleting the coreos one or not – so I haven’t opened a PR yet.

My underlying issue is that the old version of the CMO deploys an old Prometheus operator, which in turn deploys a daemonset that doesn’t tolerate node taints – leading to these nodes not having any Prometheus metrics. [4]

Regards,

Patrick

[1] coreos/cluster-monitoring-operator:0.1.1 https://quay.io/repository/coreos/cluster-monitoring-operator?tag=latest&tab=tags

[2] https://quay.io/repository/openshift/origin-cluster-monitoring-operator?tab=tags