Which DNS to use?

Hello,

I am totally new to OpenShift. I managed to setup a master and a node,
then tried:
	oc login -u dev -p dev
	oc new-project ...
	oc new-app ...
	oc expose ...

After exposing my application it can be reached at

	http://$appname-$projectname.$openshift_master_default_subdomain

I can reach that from my browser on another system if I add the IP
address of my master with this name to my local hosts file.

My question is: in which DNS would this be resolveable? The masters DNS
does not know about it:

os-master # dig @127.0.0.1 \
	$appname-$projectname.$openshift_master_default_subdomain +short

comes back empty.

Kind regards,
Robert