Re: Which DNS to use?

$openshift_master_default_subdomain would be resolvable to your users in exactly the same way google.com would be. It’s a real domain. It’s not OpenShift specific.

You will manage this domain in your enterprise per usual, and create wildcard DNS A records for the subdomain which return the IPs of your router(s).