accessing another pod on the cluster over the public url

Hello,

I ran into the same issue. I solved it with a 'workaround'. If this workaround works for you, depends on your setup.
Problem is keycloak expects exactly the same url to be able to authorize the requests from the frontend and backend.

I solved this by using the same url for internal and external access but with a different ip for both. On the (secure) keycloak service I defined an additional route with hostname of the external url. I added this hostname to the /etc/hosts files on the openshift nodes with the ip address of my openshift router host. In my regular DNS I added the external url with the external IP address. See the setup below including a reverse proxy we have in between. This proxies to the internal keycloak route, but with the external-url in the header referrer. On the keycloak pod an environmental variable proxy_address_forwarding=true is set.
Not very nice and probably better solutions are possible (e.g. internal DNS or static routes) but this works for now.

    ---------------------------
   | user browser           |
   | react app                  |
   |  <keycloak-ext-url> |