Re: install questions (on AWS)

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:38 PM Just Marvin wrote:
>     Firstly - is this the right place to ask questions pertaining to the v4 developer preview? If not, would appreciate a pointer to the right place please.

[1] suggests [2] for the v4 developer preview.

>     I have questions pertaining to how one would install on AWS (v4 or v3). AWS charges for Elastic IP's that are not mapped to a running EC2 instance, or additional elastic IP's (more than one) mapped to a EC2 instance. I know how many elastic IPs I need for routes, but I'm not sure how these IPs need to be assigned. Do I say that all those IP addresses are going to be assigned to the host running the SDN (openvswitch?) components? Or do I distribute them across the worker nodes? Do I need an elastic ip address for kube-dns (and if so, which host is that on - the master)?

The v4 installer [3] will handle all of this for you.  We have
documentation for user-supplied infrastructure on AWS in the pipe, but
nothing I can link yet.  Docs for the current EIP allocation are in
[4].

>     If I need to enable https end-user traffic, will I need to install CA (but private CA) cert generating components, or does Openshift have the capability to dynamically generate the certificates for my routes?

Looks like there is some disccusion of this over in [5].

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://cloud.openshift.com/clusters/install
[2]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/openshift-4-dev-preview