oc expose syntax

Hi,

    The syntax info here ( https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.11/cli_reference/basic_cli_operations.html#expose ) has me puzzled: (a) whats a generator, and why should I care about them? (b) where is the information on the "port" flag. The Redhat provided course material I'm taking says that it exists. Is there a place where the syntax is more comprehensively documented?

Regards,
Marvin