Re: okd 3.11: recommended procedure to create admin account?

on the master instead, then it seems there is no way to assign
> the cluster-admin role anymore.

Of course there is.

cp -p /etc/origin/master/admin.kubeconfig ~/.kube/config

[fix perms if needed / assuming root master, no need to do so]

oc whoami would confirm you're now logged in as system:admin