Re: Prometheus (OKD/3.11) NFS?

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 6:11 PM Alan Christie
<achristie informaticsmatters com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My cluster doesn’t have dynamic volumes at the moment. For experimentation is it possible to use NFS volumes in 3.11 for prometheus and the alert manager?

In general Prometheus doesn't play well with NFS because most
implementations don't fully support POSIX.
It is called out in the Prometheus documentation:
https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/storage/#operational-aspects

> I notice that the ansible playbook variables for prometheus in OKD 3.11 are very different to those in 3.7 but...

Yes the big difference starting with 3.11 is that Prometheus is
deployed using the Prometheus operator via the Cluster Monitoring
Operator.

See https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install_config/prometheus_cluster_monitoring.html#persistent-storage