OKD 3.11 - Volume and Claim Pre-binding - volumes for a namespace

On the topic of volume claim pre-binding …

Is there a pattern for creating volumes that can only be bound to a PVC from a known namespace, specifically when the PVC name may not be known in advance?

In my specific case I don’t have control over the application's PVC name but I do know its namespace. I need to prevent the pre-allocated volume from being bound to a claim from a namespace other than the one the application’s in.

The `PersistentVolume` spec contains a `claimRef` section but I suspect that you can’t just fill-out the `namespace`, you need to provide both the `name` and `namespace` (because although the former doesn’t generate an error it doesn’t work).

Any suggestions?

Alan Christie
achristie informaticsmatters com