Re: sftp service on cluster - how to do it

Hi.
Am 16.11.2019 um 22:36 schrieb Just Marvin:
Hi,

    I know its trivial to run an sftp server as a pod on an openshift cluster. The real trick would be to figure out how clients outside the cluster could access this service. How can one accomplish this?

I would try this tool https://github.com/yrutschle/sslh .
But I know it's not trivial to run sftp server in OpenShift in default setup, as sshd checks a lot security and user stuff which will fail in a unprivileged pod.

I would try https://github.com/drakkan/sftpgo as sftp server and see if it works.

The flow is then:

User -> OCP Router passthrough -> sslh service/pod -> sftp service/pod

It would be nice when you tell us if this setup works.

Regards,
Marvin

Regards
Aleks