Re: Nodes lose hostname after upgrade

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 3:13 AM Jon Stanley <jonstanley gmail com> wrote:

> when the node first comes up, it uses it. Then it gets a CoreOS
> upgrade and reboots, and we're back to localhost.localdomain, which is
> perhaps a red herring but I'm not sure.

OK, now this is interesting. I tried to isolate what was causing this,
and I've been totally unsuccessful, because no matter what I do the
machine loses it's hostname on the first reboot, unrelated to the
upgrade. I've made a "bare" ignition file
(https://github.com/jds2001/ocp-disconnected/blob/master/bare.ign)
that does nothing except add the 'core' user (based on the worker.ign
file, removing the append, and adding the passwd entry). The first
time, the machine comes up correctly, then if you reboot it (with or
without logging in to it), it becomes localhost.localdomain. I've also
pulled down the latest nightly, but that obviously doesn't matter
since the ISO hasn't changed.

All of my configs are at https://github.com/jds2001/ocp-disconnected
if anyone can give a hint as to what I'm doing wrong, or anything that
I can try - I'm grasping at straws here. An 'ostree admin config-diff'
is also unrevealing.