Re: ocp4 cluster fails to initialize on GCP

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 11:22 AM Just Marvin wrote:
> INFO Destroying the bootstrap resources...
> INFO Waiting up to 30m0s for the cluster at https://api.one.discworld.a.random.domain:6443 to initialize...
> FATAL failed to initialize the cluster: Working towards 4.2.0-0.nightly-2019-10-01-210901: 99% complete
>     How do I track down what went wrong. And at this point, is it just a matter of waiting for a while? Suppose I let it go for a few hours, will there be a way to see if the initialization did complete?

Might be.  You can launch additional waiters with 'openshift-install
wait-for install-complete'.  You can also see exactly what the
cluster-version operator is stuck on by looking in the cluster-version
operator pod's logs.  Or you can inspect the ClusterOperator resources
and see if any of the core operators has more-specific complaints.  Or
you can 'oc adm must-gather' to get a tarball of OpenStack components
to send to us if you'd rather have us poke around.

Cheers,
Trevor