Re: ocp4 cluster fails to initialize on GCP

Trevor,

    I don't follow you. You are talking about GCP compute machines - right? I went with the default install-config.yaml and there were 3 worker nodes and 3 master node. See the snippet, below from the config file:

compute:
- hyperthreading: Enabled
  name: worker
  platform: {}
  replicas: 3
controlPlane:
  hyperthreading: Enabled
  name: master
  platform: {}
  replicas: 3

    I did observe them being up and running. And without any such machines being available, I don't think my install would have reached 99%, so you probably meant something else when you said "....you have no compute machines associated with your cluster". If I'm looking in the wrong direction, please point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Marvin

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 12:53 AM W. Trevor King <wking redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 9:35 AM Just Marvin wrote:
>     FYI - was able to use the same downloaded binaries and install successfully on AWS. In AWS, I do get the the widlcarded *.apps.... A record in the public hosted zone.

Here's what a successful *.apps record looks like in GCP [1].  I don't
see that in your gather.  And skimming quickly through it, seems like
cluster-scoped-resources/certificates.k8s.io/ is full of unapproved
certificate signing requests?  Looks like you have no compute machines
associated with your cluster.  And without compute machines, you won't
be able to get ingress working, as far as I'm aware (although I'm not
all that familiar with GCP, maybe they do something different for
ingress routing).

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://storage.googleapis.com/origin-ci-test/logs/release-openshift-ocp-installer-e2e-gcp-4.2/28/artifacts/e2e-gcp/must-gather/quay-io-openshift-release-dev-ocp-v4-0-art-dev-sha256-ce0ba52504b78358de89a0d8bc483d9d1eff3fefcbda1e43255636012dce14f7/namespaces/openshift-ingress-operator/ingress.operator.openshift.io/dnsrecords/default-wildcard.yaml