Re: ocp4 cluster fails to initialize on GCP

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 4:22 AM Just Marvin wrote:
> I went with the default install-config.yaml and there were 3 worker nodes and 3 master node.

Your must-gather only has the three control-plane nodes under
cluster-scoped-resources/core/nodes/.  Looking at one of your compute
Machine objects
(namespaces/openshift-machine-api/machine.openshift.io/machines/one-qx6jl-w-a-xqvqv.yaml),
shows MachineCreationSucceeded, so you should have that machine
running.  But it hasn't joined your cluster as a schedulable node
(likely because of the unapproved certificate signing requests in
cluster-scoped-resources/certificates.k8s.io/).  I don't see anything
in your openshift-cluster-machine-approver namespace (I'd expect [1]),
not sure what's going on there yet.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://github.com/openshift/cluster-machine-approver