Re: DNS resolution performance woeful while CRC is running in Windows

Thanks for pointing that out, when crc starts, I do see:

INFO Will run as admin: add dns server address to interface vEthernet (Default Switch)

I also noticed in my ipconfig /all, that a bunch of the vEthernet interfaces have these IPv6 link-local DNS addresses:

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1                                                                                                               fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Which don't seem to be a problem until crc starts.  So maybe whatever crc does to make the name resolution work, inadvertently enables resolution via IPv6 nameservers somehow, causing it to try and resolve names via the above DNS servers.

From what I can tell those DNS servers seem fairly common, I don't exactly know where they come from, or how they're supposed to work.  I suspect if I go through all my interfaces disabling ipv6 then the DNS issue will go away.

Thanks,

Joel