IPI installs and failures - how to react?

I was doing an IPI install on Azure and thought that I had met all of
the prerequisites - but I made a mistake (I requested a quota increase
for Dv3 instead of DSv3....oops). Anyhow, obviously the install fails
for lack of quota - and leaves me with a mess to clean up.

I fixed the quota issue, and thought that since it was using
Terraform, I could just run the install again and Terraform would
reconcile with the desired infrastructure state - but instead it told
me that it found a state file and couldn't continue.

Which brings us to a question - why NOT run a destroy cluster if we
fail (maybe only if we fail prior to boostrapping or something?
Dunno).

Thoughts?