Re: IPI installs and failures - how to react?

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 2:44 PM Jon Stanley wrote:
> Which brings us to a question - why NOT run a destroy cluster if we
> fail (maybe only if we fail prior to boostrapping or something?
> Dunno).

Because if we also fail to tear down resources, it becomes hard to
report both the install-time failure and the following destroy-time
failure.  But callers who feel that they can make that distinction are
free to put:

  $ openshift-install create cluster || openshift-install destroy cluster

in their scripts or whatnot.

Cheers,
Trevor