router stats

I'm trying to see the router stats as described here: https://docs.okd.io/3.11/admin_guide/router.html

I can see this from within the container using the command:

echo 'show stat' | socat - UNIX-CONNECT:/var/lib/haproxy/run/haproxy.sock

But they do not seem to be being exposed through the web listener as described in that doc. In fact I can't see anything in the haproxy.config file that suggests that haproxy is exposing stats on port 1936 or any other port.

The installation was a fairly standard openshift-ansible install so I'm sure the defaults have not been changed.

Are there any instructions for how to get this working?

Thanks
Tim