Re: Failing to bootstrap disconnected 4.2 cluster on metal

quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.2.0    $ oc adm release info --pullspecs
quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.2.2 | grep -A3 Images:

Ooh, does this mean 4.2.2 is out or the release is imminent? Should I be trying to install 4.2.2 instead of 4.2.0?

 ... And it's not in [1], although you should just be
recycling whatever 'oc adm release mirror' suggests instead of blindly
copy/pasting from docs.  Which release did you mirror?

Thanks for this information. Looks like I must have skipped reading the output of the mirror command. Thanks for that heads up!

I mirrored quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.2.0

  I dunno what happened with your API-server lock-up, but
'openshift-install gather bootstrap ...' will SSH into your bootstrap
machine and from there onto the control-plane machines and gather the
things we expected would be useful for debugging this sort of thing,
so probably start with that.

I'll try out "openshift-install gather bootstrap" tomorrow. It sounds very useful, thanks for that information.

Thanks,

Joel