Re: Failing to bootstrap disconnected 4.2 cluster on metal

So I got past bootstrap this time, and it made it almost all the way, it got stuck on the machine-operator.  All the other cluster operators have passed.

I'm not really sure how to diagnose what is wrong with the machine-config operator.  I tried 'oc adm must-gather', but it didn't work because the must-gather container isn't part of the release manifest, so it tried to reach out to quay.io to download that container, which obviously fails in a disconnected environment.  Maybe must-gather could be included in the release manifest so that it's available in disconnected environments by default?

I instead ran "oc describe clusteroperator machine-config", this error message was there, how do I diagnose this?

Failed to resync 4.2.0 because: timed out waiting for the condition during waitForFaemonsetRollout: Daemonset machine-config-daemon is not ready. status (desired:7, updated 7, ready: 6, unavailable: 6)

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 05:59, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:
We probably need to remove the example from the docs and highlight
that you must copy the value reported by image mirror