Re: router stats

No - not working. Still getting `401 Unauthorized` when I try that.
Tested on 2 different OKD 3.11 systems.

Tim

On 19/10/2019 10:04, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
Am 17.10.19 um 10:41 schrieb Tim Dudgeon:
OK, that looks more promising (but the question on whether the docs in the
original link are correct still stands).

However, I'm having problems accessing the stats. Using the username and
password found in the service definition e.g.:

curl admin:<password>@172.30.67.67:1936/metrics
I get a:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
This is with OKD 3.11
With this commands can you get the prometheus metrics.

```
# get prom user
PROM_USER=$(oc get svc --selector="router=router" --template="{{with index .items 0 }}{{with index .metadata.annotations \"prometheus.openshift.io/username\"}}{{.}}{{end}}{{end}}")
# get prom pw
PROM_PW=$(oc get svc --selector="router=router" --template="{{with index .items 0 }}{{with index .metadata.annotations \"prometheus.openshift.io/password\"}}{{.}}{{end}}{{end}}")
# get Stats port. this could be differnt.
# check it with `oc get svc --selector="router=router" -o json`
ROUTER_STATS_PORT=$(oc get svc --selector="router=router" -o=jsonpath='{.items[0].spec.ports[?(@.name=="1936-tcp")].port}')
# get service ip
SVC_IP=$(oc get svc --selector="router=router" -o=jsonpath='{.items[0].spec.clusterIP}')

# cal curl from a node inside of ocp sdn
curl -kvu ${PROM_USER}:${PROM_PW} https://${SVC_IP}:${ROUTER_STATS_PORT}/metrics
```

You should be able to get haproxy stats via routers when the variables StatsPort, StatsUser
and StatsPassword are set, as you can see in the template.

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/release-3.11/images/router/haproxy/conf/haproxy-config.template#L129-L145

```
# show environment variables
oc set env dc/router --list