Re: Openshift : Few questions

Hi Thierry.

On 07.04.20 22:16, thierry.leurent wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to install OKD on my infrastrucutre. But I have some questions.

The Goal.
In a first step, I would like have a all-in-one.
In a second step, I would like add 2 nodes.

The Infrastrucutre.
RHEL 7 Servers with docker from the official reopository.

Do you have OpenShift subscriptions?
I ask because you have RHEL.

So I have 4 Hosts :
  - Dok001a : The Master/First Node.
  - Dok001b : The Second Node.
  - Dok001c : The Third Node.
  - NFS666a : The NFS server.

What I try.
To install :
- Using openshift-ansible. I have trouble with cgroup between kubectl and docker. And I'm a beginer with Ansible.

What trouble do you have?
What's the ouput from a ansible run?
Have you followed the docs?

https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install/index.html

- Using oc cluster up :
     - I use oc from /pub/openshift-v4/clients/oc/latest/linux

What's the full URL?

     - When I make oc version, I get :
       oc v3.11.0+62803d0-1
       kubernetes v1.11.0+d4cacc0
       features: Basic-Auth GSSAPI Kerberos SPNEGO

Do you want to install OKD or OCP because for OKD is a version 4 not released?

To configure :
  - An LDAP acces.

Have you seen the docs for the config.

https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install_config/configuring_authentication.html#LDAPPasswordIdentityProvider

Questions:

- After I try to install it using Ansible, I see an export file with
   "/exports/registry" *(rw,root_squash)
That's the registry storage.
https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install_config/registry/index.html

   "/exports/metrics" *(rw,root_squash)
That's the metrics storage.
https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install_config/cluster_metrics.html

   "/exports/logging-es" *(rw,root_squash)
   "/exports/logging-es-ops" *(rw,root_squash)
That the elasticsearch stroage
https://docs.okd.io/3.11/install_config/aggregate_logging.html

   "/exports/etcd" *(rw,root_squash)
That's the etcd storage.

  I have a DO180 Redhat book and I don't see it.

If this is what you have then it looks to me that it does not explain the Installation of OpenShift.
https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/do180-introduction-containers-kubernetes-red-hat-openshift

Maybe the following courses can help you to understand the System part of OpenShift,
DO280,DO281,DO285
https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/all-courses-exams?f%5B0%5D=taxonomy_courses_by_curriculum%3AOpenShift

>   Why use this and wich size I must provide for this "disk" ?

It is generally not recommend to use NFS for some parts of OpenShift. Please take a
look into the docs for the components to see if NFS is recommend or not

- What the differences between :
   - Openshift.

That's the general name for all OpenShift flavors.

   - Openshift Origin.

The OpenShift Open Source Version.

   - OKD.

Renaming of OpenShift Origin.
https://www.okd.io/#v3

   - Minishift.

Local running OKD
https://www.okd.io/minishift/

- What is the best version to use ?

I would recommend OCP (OpenShift Container Platform) 4.x. That's the commercial version of OpenShift.

- For OKD, how to update it to 4.4 .

New installation and deploy the apps on 4

  Thanks,

  Thierry

Hth
Aleks