helm - revisited

Hi,

    Now that there is some level of official support [1] within the platform for Helm, I thought I'd delve into how this technology works. Particularly w.r.t special OpenShift-only resources like BuildConfigs and ImageStreams, and DeploymentConfigs. My first experiment with a DeploymentConfig went well, but I thought to dig a little deeper and found a reference to this Go file in the Helm code [2] - which seems to be the thing that specifies the order in which templates within a chart are executed. So I'm mystified as to how OpenShift resource types will work at all. Is there a way to ensure that OpenShift specific templates get executed in a specific order?

Regards,
Marvin

[1] https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.3/cli_reference/helm_cli/getting-started-with-helm-on-openshift-container-platform.html
[2] https://github.com/helm/helm/blob/484d43913f97292648c867b56768775a55e4bba6/pkg/releaseutil/kind_sorter.go