send logs to external elasticsearch

Hello everybody,

We have e use case where we want to push logs from openshift to an external elasticsearch using the fluentd image from redhat.

We have created a custom namespace and deployed the fluentd pods. Fluentd is able to send logs to the external elasticsearch but we need to change the index name(default is .operations). We need to do this because we have multiple openshift cluster that will push logs to the external elasticsearch and we want to distinguish the source of the logs. we want the index name to be something like: .clustername.%Y%m%d

Thank you

---
Amanti Lulo