Re: OCP 4.2 setup -

Cool, thanks!

Before deploying the OCP cluster that uses UPI, It is needed configuration of DHCP , LB and DNS.
I am interested to know which is :

a) Which is DNS best practice for offine installation?
   For DNS server , it is better to use Openshift DNS server or External DNS (for example, company DNS ) ?

b) Which is DHCP best practice ? Which is better approach ?

c) Which is LB/SSL-Offloading best practice ?
   Using SSL offLoading, how is better the approach of LB ?
   - to have LB in front of OCP Cluster or LB inside Openshift ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sofia

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 8:01 PM W. Trevor King <wking redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:51 AM sofia qirjazi wrote:
> I want to setup OCP 4.2 as PoC in bare metal using below steps:
>
> https://blog.openshift.com/openshift-4-2-disconnected-install/

Now that we have official docs [1], it's better to use them instead of
the early blog post.  Not sure if they talk about subnet division
though.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.2/installing/installing_bare_metal/installing-restricted-networks-bare-metal.html