Re: Openshift Container Storage Operator on OKD 4.4

Hi Nikolas,

If I continue with the OpenShift Container Storage by creating a Storage Cluster, I have to setup 3 storage nodes.
This is the documentation I follow: https://docs.okd.io/latest/machine_management/creating_machinesets/creating-machineset-aws.html
to create a storage cluster but also with that, I have (new) issues, what I have post here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61538606/how-add-extra-blockdevices-to-machineset-in-okd4-4

Every step lead me in new struggles, so I have decided to focus on ROOK now, the opensource version.

Thanks for all your help!

Ruben

On 2020-04-29 15:38, Nikolas Philips wrote:

Hi Ruben,
I guess that means, that the CRD ObjectBucket and ObjectBucketClaim are already present (probably through either OCS or NooBaa) - so don't install the lib-bucket-provisioner additionally I guess. FYI: lib-bucket-provisioner ist only a CustomResourceDefinition (CRD, it's like a Schema for Custom Resource Types) - these are always cluster scoped - so it actually doesn't matter in which namespace you install them.

What happens when you try to initialize the CustomResources "OCS Initialization" and "Storage Cluster"?

Best Regards,
Nikolas