Re: wait for build triggered by new-app

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 11:34 AM Just Marvin <marvin the cynical robot gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

    I've been trying to write a script that runs various commands following a new-app. These commands will operate on the dc created by new-app, but fail if the resources haven't reached the right stage, so I'd like to wait for the build to complete. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out the right condition to wait for using the "oc wait" command. Does anyone have a suggestion? Wait on the bc or the build or.... (and for what condition)?

oc wait build/buildresourcename --for="">

unfortunately that won't help if the build in question fails (Complete means success) so set your timeout appropriately.

Thanks,
Marvin